I’ve taken a big step and created an official day of the week! From this day forward, every Saturday is ‘plant + shoot saturday‘! And to kickoff this boss move, I started the #plantandshootsaturday 52-week photography project! This will be a day for you to take a break from the daily grind, grab your camera and go outside to capture the beauty and zen of nature. Sounds lovely, right?
This is how the project works….
- Subscribe to the plant + shoot mailing list (sign up on my home page if you are not on the list).
- Once you’re on the list, I will send you an email with the plant + shoot saturday calendar containing the weekly themes. The calendar will contain 52 weeks of shooting themes. This is called a ‘p52’ in the photography world.
- The goal here is to help you become a mindful photographer and engage in a regular creative activity that calms your spirit. Thus, it is important to spend some time each Saturday exploring the sights, sounds and smells of the nature while capturing images for the weekly theme. You may not get to shoot every Saturday, but being intentional about your photography practice will help ensure you get outside as often as possible.
- Cull through your photos and share the ones you love with the community on Instagram using the hashtag #plantandshootsaturday so we can find you.
- Spread some love by leaving a comment on tagged posts shared by other members of our community. Offer kudos and share constructive feedback with an intention to help each of us improve our photography skills.
Can’t wait to see your images!! Don’t forget to tag your photos with #plantandshootsaturday so we can find you!
Here are some of my own images from our p52!